Welcome to the DarkCraft Wiki
Editing the Wiki
To write a new article, just enter the name of the article in the searchbar at the top. If the page doesn't already exist, you will be prompted to create it.
You must be logged in to be able to edit articles on the wiki. Simply log in at the top of the page with your DarkCraft account details.
If you don't have a DarkCraft account, Register Here
- Not sure where to start?
- We suggest you start new pages / guides by copying a page similar to one you wish to create, and then modifying the contents of the newly created page.
- If you are new to wikis and editing them, we recommend you look around Wikipedia's Help pages.
- Editing content
- You can edit a page by clicking edit in the top right corner when you're viewing it. You will need to be logged in to be able to do this. (The login uses your darkcraft account details)
- Use what's already there to guide you in how to lay things out and also take a look at the code for the pages you think look good to find how they're done.
- An edit doesn't have to be massive; if you feel you don't want to create whole articles, then just fixing spelling errors and broken links is enough.
- Adding Pages
- The wiki needs articles on every subject related to getting started, tutorials on server plugins and anything else helpful to newer players, so there's no shortage of possible pages to create. Think about what you didn't know how to do when you first started, or what you would have found helpful to have a guide on. Alternatively take a look at Page Requests for articles people would like to see.
- To add a new page just search for that page and then follow the prompt to create it if it doesn't already exist.
- If you are unsure of what to do or how to create a page, search for a few articles on the same topic and see what they look like. You can always view the source code in a wiki and learn from what others have done.
- Once you've created a page you'll need to get it listed. To do this you will need to add a link to it in Page Submissions for us to review. If we think it's suitable we'll add it to the appropriate section for you.
- Requesting Guides
- If you have a guide that you'd like to see, but don't know how to write, you can put a request in for it in Page Requests
- What do I get for helping out?
- There's no basic reward for helping out, just the moral satisfaction of helping others out and having your work displayed to the world.
- We will also be looking for mods to keep the wiki to a high standard once it gets going. Users who regularly impress us will be invited to become mods if they wish.
|The DarkCraft Wiki is a community work-in-progress.
|Page suggestions and recommendations are always welcome on the Page Requests page