1.8 Server is Live!

Penguinchao

Executive Administrator
Hello everybody,
I am very excited to announce that we are now running 1.8 on the survival server! In the process of updating the server, we have overhauled some of our plugins and changed the way we will handle updates in the future. In the past, in a big update we would create a new world and remove the existing world, but starting this update, we will now be expanding the world to the north, leaving the existing world in place. This map system will allow people as much time as they need to finish projects without the fear of the project not being able to be showed off due to an unloaded map. :)

To get to the new world, simply type /spawn

There are no paths or warps in the new world yet, but instead, as a community we will build the paths and the warp destinations over time.

The spawn has some vacant areas, but these are left for entries in build competitions that we will be doing; more information on those at a later point! ;)

I want to thank every single member of this community for being a part of this little internet family. I can honestly say that some of my best times have been had with the people of DarkCraft, and I look forward to making even more memories with you all on this new map. I will see you there!

Well that sucks. The moment I was waiting for, my favorite server gets updated to 1.8 AND has a new world map and I can't join. :( Unfortunately, ever since updating to windows 10 my minecraft has stopped working even when I bounced back from windows 10 to a previous version to when it was originally working. Maybe something to do with the new java but I don't know. Wish I could join but hopefully I will in the future.

Sprinter213

Former Moderator
Well that sucks. The moment I was waiting for, my favorite server gets updated to 1.8 AND has a new world map and I can't join. :( Unfortunately, ever since updating to windows 10 my minecraft has stopped working even when I bounced back from windows 10 to a previous version to when it was originally working. Maybe something to do with the new java but I don't know. Wish I could join but hopefully I will in the future.
What kind of issues are you experiencing when you attempt to join?

Bergi

…and it's down. Multiple people seem to have connection problems; yesterday it was "unable to resolve host name" today its "connection refused, no further information".
What's up?

Btw, I skimmed the web page and I have not found what to enter in the "server address" input. I mean, personally I still have mc.darkcraft.org there, but how are we supposed to get new players?

rakker614

…and it's down. Multiple people seem to have connection problems; yesterday it was "unable to resolve host name" today its "connection refused, no further information".
What's up?

Btw, I skimmed the web page and I have not found what to enter in the "server address" input. I mean, personally I still have mc.darkcraft.org there, but how are we supposed to get new players?
Same issue here.
I think that if the sever is down given the voting sites + banner, though livemap finds it np.
On wich of the BHS's is it hosted?

Last edited:

Azbrood

Ok server is up. Server is running. All you old regulars looking at this show your love and be regulars again!!!:D The server is lonely without you!!!:cry::cry::cry: