1. Want to play with more than Vanilla Minecraft has to offer? Try our Technic Modpack "Darkcraft: Forgotten Worlds". It has more Biomes. Tons more trees, plants, and thousands of more blocks to build with and even plenty of Machinery tools and equipment to assist in almost every aspect of the game.

Learn how to play today:

How To Play Forgotten Worlds
  2. Want to join our Mumble server? Connect using voip.darkcraft.org and the port 64738! For more info, click here.

3-day outage

Discussion in 'DarkCraft News' started by Darq, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Darq

Darq Administrator

Minecraft account: Darq_Alder
    Hi all, big apology on the long outage! Something happened on our datacenter's end causing the server to hang on boot, so things didn't come back properly after the nightly reboot on Nov 25. I've been quite busy and hadn't noticed that things were down until today. I've exchanged phone numbers with @Demeris for faster notification if something like this happens again.

Everything is back up and running as it was before :)

As for 1.8 news... our goal is to launch on December 18th, about the time Christmas break starts for many. 1.8 is a re-configured server, and it will start with a brand-new 1.8 world. We have a plan to keep the previous world accessible permanently. All players will spawn in the new world at launch, and players of the existing world will still be able to build in it after the launch of the 1.8 world. A LOT of effort has been put into updating in the last month+ from @Penguinchao, @Niskiller, myself and others :) We hope this will be a refreshing update for DarkCraft, and if popular, will lay the grounds for how we update in the future.

2. Demeris

Demeris Lord of the Pants

Minecraft:
    Demeris
    I thought it was due to the storms at first but eventual communication lead us to find it was some odd host problem. But with phone communications we can now find these problems faster.

As for 1.8 I'm excited to get up and running with all the good stuff for our players. Along with the Vanilla 1.8 I shall be working to bring the Technic server back even better then before.

Our previous incarnation I heard quite often of a problem of sheer intimidation. Many people told me they were put off by the excessive amount of added content regarding machines and technical devices that made them uncomfortable. This new version will try to reduce the mods where applicable and make the game less intimidating. But don't let that put off the techno buffs either. Their will still be plenty of content for them by the 18th as well but our end goal is to find a balance between content and pack optimization that will make the game fun for everyone and not just one type of player.

HellsWarlord77 and NAYF1N like this.
  3. Azbrood

Azbrood Member

Minecraft:
    Azbrood
    Is this a complete wipe and restart fresh kinda thing like we did 2 1/2 - 3 years ago or is it an open move like about 1 1/2 years ago? I think we are overdue for a wipe. A fresh start can bring back old players and bring in some new ones.

4. Demeris

Demeris Lord of the Pants

Minecraft:
    Demeris
    no. Both the old map and this new one will exist just as we've done in more recent past with transitions. However this time both the current map and the new one will exist together forever.