1. Well it's about time eh? Indeed! We now have a live 1.12.2 server. Currently operating as an unofficial map but if all goes well it will become our new improved world! Join today without whitelist at darkcraft.mcserver.ws:26455
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want to join our Discord server? Connect using https:/discord.gg/TKkXBBb
    Dismiss Notice

Apply for a Map Marker

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Penguinchao, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Penguinchao

Penguinchao Executive Administrator

Minecraft:
    Penguinchao
    To apply for a Map Marker, reply to this thread with a single post that includes the following:

Towns:
    • Name of your town
    • Link to your towns official thread
    • Exact coordinates that you would like the warp to be at
    • Population count and status of town
    • Anything extra you would like to include to help justify why your town deserves a warp
    If your town is accepted as a point of interest, all members will be able to see it on the dynmap, allowing for more interest and easier growth. Towns should be open to the public in order to be eligible for a warp. Nearby shops and arenas are encouraged. :)

Other Projects:
    • Name of Project
    • Description
    • Screenshots
    • Exact coordinates that you would like the warp to be at
    • Anything extra you would like to include to help justify why your project deserves a warp

NOTE: While a town may not always receive a warp, a modest town will probably still receive a map marker as a point of interest for the community :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Elfonse, NoobPWNerXD2 and staaksie like this.
  2. Rhadimanthius64

Rhadimanthius64 Member

Minecraft:
    Rhadimanthius64
    - Town Name: New-Signet
    - http://darkcraft.org/threads/the-city-of-new-signet-aka-signet.39/
    - x: -11 y: 63 z: -1874
    - 16 Players, 2 Mayors. 18 Residents Total. The Status of the town is Open, and accepting members.
    - The City of Signet, is a town that unlike all others has no building regulations, and in all seriousness we have agreed that ALL plots are free, and it is open for anyone to claim a plot and build. All you have to do is place a sign saying you are part of the town and move in. This is the only town in all of Darkcraft that has such lax regulations, and it should be a prime location for new players to Minecraft, and the server to be able to build themselves a home, and become a part of the community without experiencing to much hassel due to "land claims"

3. Penguinchao

Minecraft:
    Penguinchao
    Signet's approved! :) it will get a warp next time I'm on. Created!
    The command is /warp townsignet :D

4. snipester123

snipester123 Member

Minecraft:
    snipester123
    Town Name: Snipetown
    http://darkcraft.org/threads/snipetown.541/
    Warp cordnates: X: 5.48784 Y: 69.000 Z: -3507.88480
    Population: 1 owner, 2 co-owners, 1 town mod, 1 regular resident
    to join, simply contact a owner or co-owner and we will add you to the list of residents, please make sure to not take up to much room to build your house so that other people may move in (build as high as you want though!) please do not greif and whatnot but help the appearance of town as much as you like! also, we are sorry for the long walk to Snipetown if this warp is not accepted.

*picture taken from my nether tower*

Attached Files:

5. boldr

boldr Moderator

Minecraft:
    boldr
    Can I have a warp to my PvP stadium?

6. greensamansa

greensamansa Banned

Minecraft:
    greensamansa
    Are applications for warps still allowed on this thread, considering the new warp system will be soon be implemented? If so then ^^

boldr likes this.
  7. Brian-the-Architect

Brian-the-Architect Member

Minecraft:
    brian997
    Name of your town: Chateau of Versailles
    Link to your towns official thread: http://darkcraft.org/threads/mega-build-the-chateau-of-versailles.577/
    Exact coordinates that you would like the warp to be at: -3000,+2500 (Height of 63, if that matters)
    Population count and status of town: 1 owner, 5-6 workers/volunteers, under active construction
    Anything extra you would like to include to help justify why your town deserves a warp: The project is a fair distance from the spawn and I would like new players to be able to help out without having to walk for 20 minutes to get there. The project will also be a good build for other members to come and see. If I can select a warp name, ideally would be /warp palace

Cheers
    -Brian

8. Penguinchao

Minecraft:
    Penguinchao
    Yep! This is the place to post them :)

Also, I would like to apologize that all warps have not been addressed at the moment. We were having some plugin issues, but I think they might be fixed. I'm going to try to sort through these apps and any already approved warps very soon. If the bug persists, then the warps may need to be remade (the bug was that the warps were lost on reboot). Essentially, sorry for the delay; responses soon! :)

9. CCTURTLE

CCTURTLE Member

Minecraft:
    CCTURTLE
    • Name of your town- SkyTown
    • Link to your towns official thread- Click Here - http://darkcraft.org/threads/skytown.533/
    • Exact coordinates that you would like the warp to be at- x: -1028 y: 245 z: -6
    • Population count and status of town- I lost count, Penguinchao knows
    • Anything extra you would like to include to help justify why your town deserves a warp- SkyTown is a nice town with many people and lots of services, can the warp please be "/warp SkyTown"?
    EDIT: We also have many staff members there, including a head mod, Penguinchao

10. Penguinchao

Minecraft:
    Penguinchao
    Skytown and Signet have both been (re)created :)

Chateau of Versailles will be accepted once more progress has been made :)

CCTURTLE likes this.
  11. StyleCraft13

StyleCraft13 Member

Minecraft:
    StyleCraft13
    • Name of your town: StyleTown
    • Link to your towns official thread: http://darkcraft.org/threads/styletown.1399/
    • Exact coordinates that you would like the warp to be at 7348.4,68,-7277.34
    • Population count and status of town: 8 and I plan to be more.
    • Anything extra you would like to include to help justify why your town deserves a warp: StyleTown is a beautiful town and a warp would help because the town is far in the corner of the map. If accepted please name the warp /warp styletown. :)

12. CCTURTLE

CCTURTLE Member

Minecraft:
    CCTURTLE
    Yes, I know I'm part of the town, but I think that you need to get the word out there about StyleTown, get a bunch of people, then re-apply. (Use a signature and keep the thread at the top of the town list.)

13. Term1nat0rjohn

Term1nat0rjohn Member

Minecraft:
    _term1nat0rjohn_
    name of town: Eaton
    Forums page: http://darkcraft.org/threads/welcome-to-the-town-of-eaton.1619/
    Coords: X:7130 Y:67 Z:-6156 facing NORTH
    population right now: 5
    Extra info: I am applying for a warp of our town called Eaton for the fact that i would like to build a comunity at my large land mass that i own and think that it would be much easier to have a warp rather than having to Teleport :)
    THANK YOU FOR THE CONSIDERATION!!!

14. Bergi

Bergi Member

Minecraft:
    _bergi
    • NewEast
    • 2500/38/0
    • Well, it's the new neweast. Old one was at Y=66 (and doesn't work any more)

15. rakker614

rakker614 Member

Minecraft:
    rakker614
    the old one needs to be 1/2 blocks higher as you're spawning* under the road :S

16. Bergi

Bergi Member

Minecraft:
    _bergi

Street is usable now. Please move the warp location.

17. Penguinchao

Minecraft:
    Penguinchao
    With the 1.8 update, we are moving to a new system of markers. If your town is active and you still want to be a Point of Interest, just reply below this post. :)

Parkman92 likes this.
  18. Parkman92

Parkman92 Member

Minecraft:
    Parkman92
    0,-8200 is a good spawn for a south warp in the new world! Borgi has already started on some roads there, and I would be willing to help add to the spawn road if i could get permissions. there is already a warp spot set up there, and a sweet looking bridge right near it, and a castle that i'll be building. not to mention that between there and spawn is a huge span of water. so that's gonna be about the best spot for a south warp! thanks in advance!

rakker614 likes this.
  19. Bergi

Bergi Member

Minecraft:
    _bergi
    I wouldn't object a warp location there :)
    Of course it won't help me personally, given I've already got one of my many homes set there, but it's an attractive spot for sure.
    Originally I only planned it as a corner for the roads I'm building, but then I thought about connecting it to @Parkman92's castle, and @Hectichopper offered to build the southern-side ocean port 500 blocks further, so one thing led to the other...
    I'm not sure about the name "South" though. It is northwards from the map origin which is still the 1.7 center - the new spawn is at 0/-14000. Maybe we could give ot some arbitrary dark* name.

Parkman92 and rakker614 like this.
  20. Bergi

Bergi Member

Minecraft:
    _bergi
    Oh, and while we're discussing warp locations, "Hell" is still visible on the livemap but doesn't have a warp attached.
    And whoever renamed the newnorth/newsouth/neweast/newwest warps had caps lock on :-/

Parkman92 and rakker614 like this.