1. Well it's about time eh? Indeed! We now have a live 1.12.2 server. Currently operating as an unofficial map but if all goes well it will become our new improved world! Join today without whitelist at darkcraft.mcserver.ws:26455
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want to join our Discord server? Connect using https:/discord.gg/TKkXBBb
    Dismiss Notice

CubeWorld release in sight

Discussion in 'DarkCraft News' started by Darq, Sep 7, 2019.

Are you interested in CubeWorld?

1. Yes.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. YES!

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Meh.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Nope.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Darq

Darq Administrator

I felt like this warranted a front page post, even though I'm not sure how many of you are interested in this type of thing (or how many people still visit DarkCraft's forums, for that matter... I know there's some people left!)

CubeWorld, a mash-up of between my two favourite things in video games (RPGs, and procedurally generated content), has finally been announced to be coming out on Steam this year in September or October!

If you don't know what CubeWorld is, I suggest checking out the game's website, the developer's twitter, and its subreddit to take a look at what it's all about. Basically, it is a voxel-based, procedurally generated exploration RPG, where both the world AND the quests are randomly generated.

It's a game that myself and many others have been in high anticipation of ever since the first (and only, if I recall correctly) Alpha release of it in 2011. Since that release, those waiting for more have only been teased by the occasional (with 1+ year periods of silence in between) update of the game's development progress on twitter.

If CubeWorld sounds interesting to you, check back here every once in a while -- there's a reasonably good chance I will host a CubeWorld server ;)

boldr and Niskiller like this.
  2. AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie Head Moderator

Minecraft:
    AnimeAnnemarie
    Hoho...we'll see how this goes, then!

Darq likes this.
  3. Niskiller

Niskiller Moderator

Minecraft:
    MangFox
    Sure does sound intresting, I'll be checking around often to see where this will go :D

Darq likes this.
  4. boldr

boldr Moderator

Minecraft:
    boldr
    Yes, if you already have the game, you get a steam key.

I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶c̶u̶b̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶,̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶k̶e̶y̶?̶

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Darq likes this.