Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Why does Vortega even post #loser

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

Vortega

Former Moderator
As talked with other, they have also agreed that factions would be fun/great. To make factions, we would make a new world just like for the Hunger Games. What are factions? Factions are like pvp, but a plugin where u can make clans and have people join them. No rules, so this means grief and stealing is allowed. Non of your items from the main world will be allowed in the faction world. This means we start fresh. I have no idea if we can make boosters not allowed but will see if this idea even happens first. Any more question? Let me know below.

Mang

I'd like to see something like this happen , but with some changes to that idea.

If we have a new world setup for this, is it premium or not. I'd say yes to it cuz otherwise people will only go there.
How would we prevent that millions of factions are created?
And that new world would function like a second survival world.
Great idea, I've been on a server with factions where it worked out really great, but it depends what extras you add to it ;)

If you want to know exactly how this was run, say it I'll ya ;)

Bring those factions here!!!

Vortega

Former Moderator
I'd like to see something like this happen , but with some changes to that idea.

If we have a new world setup for this, is it premium or not. I'd say yes to it cuz otherwise people will only go there.
How would we prevent that millions of factions are created?
And that new world would function like a second survival world.
Great idea, I've been on a server with factions where it worked out really great, but it depends what extras you add to it ;)

If you want to know exactly how this was run, say it I'll ya ;)

Bring those factions here!!!
Yeah most likely be between the "dp" prices of 500-1000.

Penguinchao

Executive Administrator
Tell me what you guys think of this, I really want your opinions :) We were thinking about bringing the PVP will back up, and I've actually made good progress on it, but it is not up yet because I want to make sure it's done well that way we don't accidentally have a flop.

I was thinking maybe we could make it have separate inventories and slightly different plugins. Boosters and kits would be disabled, at least at the beginning of the map, that way everyone has an even playing field to become established.

The official plan right now is to have limited factions but I am very open to have a stronger faction presence, if we plan it out well ahead of time. I like the idea of having factions, because it makes people have allies and allows for a more interesting PVP experience. With that being said I am worried that will make people hate each other like they did last time; would you guys and maybe some other people be willing to help me brainstorm on how to implement this the best? :)

i love the idea but make it like 100 dp (reasonable if vote alot) and maby add daily chests tht have like insta health 1 pot and iron armor (after a month of factions) for new people and if limited factions make so theres always a joinable one tht ur admin and can raid with solo

Mang

Tell me what you guys think of this, I really want your opinions :) We were thinking about bringing the PVP will back up, and I've actually made good progress on it, but it is not up yet because I want to make sure it's done well that way we don't accidentally have a flop.

I was thinking maybe we could make it have separate inventories and slightly different plugins. Boosters and kits would be disabled, at least at the beginning of the map, that way everyone has an even playing field to become established.

The official plan right now is to have limited factions but I am very open to have a stronger faction presence, if we plan it out well ahead of time. I like the idea of having factions, because it makes people have allies and allows for a more interesting PVP experience. With that being said I am worried that will make people hate each other like they did last time; would you guys and maybe some other people be willing to help me brainstorm on how to implement this the best? :)
Yeah sure!
Im not a master of plugin work but as I said in my last comment here the server I played on with factions was pretty good.

Need to know accactly what you want and what not, then I'll go make a list and help you out ;)
(I dont mind testing it too btw ;) )

Vortega

Former Moderator
Yeah sure!
Im not a master of plugin work but as I said in my last comment here the server I played on with factions was pretty good.

Need to know accactly what you want and what not, then I'll go make a list and help you out ;)
(I dont mind testing it too btw ;) )
Wouldn't mind testing it either ;)

CCTURTLE

I think that to make a faction, you must have 3 people. So all 3 must be on at the same time, or use a plugin where they don't have to be. This would prevent one and two-person factions, so the factions don't spam up. Also I'd remove any factions that have 1/2 players.

Dragend

I think that to make a faction, you must have 3 people. So all 3 must be on at the same time, or use a plugin where they don't have to be. This would prevent one and two-person factions, so the factions don't spam up. Also I'd remove any factions that have 1/2 players.
You don't want few large factions, you want many different types and varieties of sizes, skill, power, etc. By limiting player size you are essentially forcing people to join major factions, some people don't necessarily want that.

Dragend

Because it spams up faction list, and 1 and 2 can't even claim anything.
They can claim up to four chunks with two people. And so what if there are extra factions in the factions list? You have yet to explain why that is a problem it's not really "spam" especially if they are playing pvp.

Penguinchao

Executive Administrator
The way ours is set up:
  • A faction can be any size, even one
  • Anybody can start a faction
  • You must have 3 people in order to claim land
  • For each member of your faction, you are able to claim 5 chunks of land
:)

Penguinchao

Executive Administrator
why 3 people in a fac to claim? if no one joins others fac
Because each person gives you the ability to claim 5 chunks, so if we didn't have that rule, one person would be able to start a faction and claim almost 13,000 blocks for himself. When you rely on other people, it allows for the factions to be more balanced because you have to work as a team to not allow the land to be claimable.

Mang

Because each person gives you the ability to claim 5 chunks, so if we didn't have that rule, one person would be able to start a faction and claim almost 13,000 blocks for himself. When you rely on other people, it allows for the factions to be more balanced because you have to work as a team to not allow the land to be claimable.

Btw Peng, not sure if it still the case but it used to work only with 2 people, forgot to tell ya that :p

Mang

Peng, that traveling merchant in the market district wont sell me stuff, but I've got enough emeralds to pay him.... :(
That just me or is it buggy?

Penguinchao

Executive Administrator
Peng, that traveling merchant in the market district wont sell me stuff, but I've got enough emeralds to pay him.... :(
That just me or is it buggy?
There were reports of the version of that plugin that we have being buggy, but I'm updating it right now :)