Mega Build - The Chateau of Versailles

Hello fellow Darkcraft players!

My name is Brian. Some of you may remember me from before, I was on the old server before the reset. Due to some personal matters I had to step away from Minecraft for about a year. I had built a large project on that map known as 'Carcassonne'. It was a very large project (450x900) blocks that I unfortunately did not get to see the end of. The partner I was working with also left with me so the project was purchase by Policide who I hear did an excellent job finishing it up.

I have been on the new map for about 2 weeks now and have found a nice block of land to start another Mega Build. This one will be know as the Chateau of Versailles. It is arguably one of the most significant buildings in historic French architecture, and was built in the 1600s by Louis XIII. Here is a link to the wikipedia for anyone interested in a bit of the history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_Versailles

This build will be a replication (as best as possible) of the main building and the Gardens. I will be foregoing the cottages (and all other Marie-Antoinette related buildings).

Here is an image of what the buildings looked like circa 1722.

As the project underwent many expansions under the different leaders, I have decided to build it off of the 1722 style, as opposed to the more modern styling that is present today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for motivated and dedicated people who are interested in helping out (no pay, but credit given). I will need assistance in the building, so as long as you are capable of following instructions then you are more than welcome to help out.

I will be asking for a warp so hopefully new players can join in as well as it is a bit of a hike from spawn. The location of the project is -3000, +2500.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for people who are interested in helping out and getting paid for some grunt work. Following a suggest from HDModz, I will be paying on a pro rata basis of 100 coins (1 diamond) per 1000 blocks collected.
Following the suggestion of a few other people, I have changed my rate to hopefully get it done a bit faster. I am, for the time being, paying at the rate of 100 coins (1 diamond) per 500 blocks collected!
If you are interested, come out to the site and follow the instructions posted on the board. It is VERY clear what is to be done, so please follow the instructions.
Instructions:
  1. Pay is done on a basis of 100 coins per 500 blocks collected. As it is done on a pro rata basis, you do not need exactly 500 to get paid, for instance if you collect 1649 blocks, I will pay you 329.8 coins. Simple right?
  2. You must place all materials into the chests provided. You MUST place a sign on the chest and include my name (brian997) on the chest. Any private chests on the property will be removed without question, and assets may be seized/relocated.
  3. Continue to fill the chests and take more as needed. I will break the sign and empty the chest out as I pay you.
  4. Please do not go in areas marked private, no griefing, and no building within 50 blocks of the outer fence.

I will continue to post status update pictures for those interested in following along.

Got the spawn house done.

Instructions Posted

Chests getting filled!
Thanks so far to:
Nlog_88
CCTURTLE
Polthetroll
polprat
and a few others that I don't have usernames for at the moment

Sure CCTURTLE, we can talk about it a bit down the road.

Here are some photo updates:

Got the main building done, and also a small tool shed. I will be stocking this with enchanted tools, and basic tools. I've noticed a lot of people groaning for someone to supply (and keep supplied) enchanted tools, so I'm hoping I can do that.

We also had some supplies donated, notably about 15 stacks of baked potatos - thanks to Sup_brah. These are available for people who come and do some work.

Unfortunately, we also had our first banned player.. Wasn't hoping to have to do this to anyone, but if you can't read or follow instructions, then there is no hope for you. I won't publicly say here who it was, but if you are that curious, there is a sign posted. This individual decided to dig a 5x5 deep hole down, halfway to bedrock. It is very clear out there that you are only to clear the land flat, to the height that exists, and anyone who could tie their shoelaces would be able to figure it out. Hopefully you stay in school.

I am at a crossroads right now and could use some advice from anyone who is watching/reading this thread. I have figured out the proportion of the building, which will be 24 blocks high+roof. According to the images and research I've done, the building is about 20x wider as it is high. This means I would need a whopping 480 blocks wide. Then the project to include the gardens, needs to be 1.5x that in length, so 720.

This is about double the land I have claimed at the moment. I could claim more as I'm adjacent to some ocean, but then that is a lot of work. The question that I need advice on is, should I do this, or modify the plans to squeeze it in to a smaller area?

I planned on 24 blocks for the height. It is a 4 storey building (mostly), which would be 6 blocks per floor (one for the ceiling/floor, and 5 for air space). I could trim this down on the upper floors to 3 blocks and change the main floor to 4. This would change the height to 17, and then the necessary width/length to 340*510.

I currently have 350x600 claimed, so it would seem like the right thing to do. Let me know what you think!

Also, I am willing to accept enchanted tools on consignment. I will take a 40% fee and will sell the tool for you. When it sells I will remit you the money, less my fee. If you are interested, pm me (please don't post here for this matter). I get a lot of foot traffic, especially newer players who don't have multihome or tp and can't go all the way back to spawn shop for a new tool. Obviously this fee will go towards supporting the project, so you can think of it as a donation more than anything else :) I can assure you that I'm not getting rich, just trying to cover some costs!

CCTURTLE

Sure CCTURTLE, we can talk about it a bit down the road.

Here are some photo updates:

Got the main building done, and also a small tool shed. I will be stocking this with enchanted tools, and basic tools. I've noticed a lot of people groaning for someone to supply (and keep supplied) enchanted tools, so I'm hoping I can do that.

We also had some supplies donated, notably about 15 stacks of baked potatos - thanks to Sup_brah. These are available for people who come and do some work.

Unfortunately, we also had our first banned player.. Wasn't hoping to have to do this to anyone, but if you can't read or follow instructions, then there is no hope for you. I won't publicly say here who it was, but if you are that curious, there is a sign posted. This individual decided to dig a 5x5 deep hole down, halfway to bedrock. It is very clear out there that you are only to clear the land flat, to the height that exists, and anyone who could tie their shoelaces would be able to figure it out. Hopefully you stay in school.

I am at a crossroads right now and could use some advice from anyone who is watching/reading this thread. I have figured out the proportion of the building, which will be 24 blocks high+roof. According to the images and research I've done, the building is about 20x wider as it is high. This means I would need a whopping 480 blocks wide. Then the project to include the gardens, needs to be 1.5x that in length, so 720.

This is about double the land I have claimed at the moment. I could claim more as I'm adjacent to some ocean, but then that is a lot of work. The question that I need advice on is, should I do this, or modify the plans to squeeze it in to a smaller area?

I planned on 24 blocks for the height. It is a 4 storey building (mostly), which would be 6 blocks per floor (one for the ceiling/floor, and 5 for air space). I could trim this down on the upper floors to 3 blocks and change the main floor to 4. This would change the height to 17, and then the necessary width/length to 340*510.

I currently have 350x600 claimed, so it would seem like the right thing to do. Let me know what you think!

Also, I am willing to accept enchanted tools on consignment. I will take a 40% fee and will sell the tool for you. When it sells I will remit you the money, less my fee. If you are interested, pm me (please don't post here for this matter). I get a lot of foot traffic, especially newer players who don't have multihome or tp and can't go all the way back to spawn shop for a new tool. Obviously this fee will go towards supporting the project, so you can think of it as a donation more than anything else :) I can assure you that I'm not getting rich, just trying to cover some costs!
I just saw this post when it was new, LOL!

CCTURTLE

I also can donate some food, name how much you need, I have unlimited food and I feel people have been so nice to me so I want to give back to the community.

EDIT: Sorry, someone killed my mooshroom, so no more unlimited food

CCTURTLE

Brian now that I have teleport I would like to help, if you see me in game, remind me and I will help.

i wil glady help with grunt work or supply just im nt good at others biulds for the biulding part becuase i dont wanna mess it up so ya contact me while im one :)