1. Well it's about time eh? Indeed! We now have a live 1.12.2 server. Currently operating as an unofficial map but if all goes well it will become our new improved world! Join today without whitelist at darkcraft.mcserver.ws:26455
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want to join our Discord server? Connect using https:/discord.gg/TKkXBBb
    Dismiss Notice

Time-Sensitive Only 6 more days!

Discussion in 'DarkCraft News' started by Demeris, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Demeris

Demeris Lord of the Pants

Minecraft:
    Demeris
    Only 6 more days remain in our November promotion for the Darkcraft Unleashed Technic server where you can get Free Access For Life If you log on to the server any time during the month of November. So get in while you can. You can find out how to play our Technic Server at the following link:

http://darkcraft.org/threads/how-to-play-darkcraft-unleashed.2047/

Remember that come December 1st this promotion ends and any new players who logs on from that point will only have the 30 day trial membership and will have to donate to get full access. However this is a One Time Donation and will give that player free access for life after that donation is made.

kobraarmy likes this.
  2. DerekAslath

DerekAslath Moderator

Minecraft:
    DerekAslath
    My technic launcher closes when I try to play the pack, when I press play it loads it but than the launcher crashes than re opens. It always does this, never opens fully just crashes and re opens itself....how can I fix this

3. Demeris

Demeris Lord of the Pants

Minecraft:
    Demeris
    When you launch it, does it get as far as the Mojang Logo or at least appear to open the game window before the crash?

Ususally the first solution I reccomend is to delete the darkcraft-unleashed directory on your computer. Rarely the download corrupts in transit and needs a fresh install. The following directory is the one that needs to go. Not the whole .technic just the darkcraft-unleashed folder inside the modpacks folder.
    \Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\darkcraft-unleashed

if this doesn't work the next solution is to start looking for why your crashing.

First check for a crash report in your game directory. This would be located in
    \Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\darkcraft-unleashed\crash-reports

I would need the report with the date of the last crash on it. If no crash report exists here then look in the darkcraft-unleashed directory for the ForgeModLoader-client log file. I would need the one with a last modified date of when you last tried to play.

Is your Java version 1.8 or above? Java 1.8 has problems with technic. The only solution is to download java 1.7 and install it. You should probably uninstall java 1.8 before installing 1.7 or it might tell you your already up to date. The following link will get you Java 1.7.0_71 which is what I'm using now and is the last java 1.7 update. It works.
    http://java.com/en/download/manual_java7.jsp

If this solution works but then your are getting a "bad login" when you attempt to get into the server, please check to make sure the technic launcher is the last launcher you attempted to log in with. If you log into the technic launcher, then say re-open the minecraft vanilla launcher to get back in vanilla while its loading or whatnot, the Mojang authentication servers see the vanilla launcher as the last client you logged into and declares the technic launcher now an invalid login and the server will refuse entry because it can't authenticate its you. To resolve this close the entire technic launcher and restart it, then log back in to your username in the launcher. As long as you don't open any other launchers or clients you should be able to log into the technic server.

Anyone else please let me know if your having problems and the above solutions do not fix the problem. I'll keep a list of who has been trying to get in but are having issues. If the issues persist past the deadline those players will be exempt from paying since it's not their fault they couldn't get in on time.

4. DerekAslath

DerekAslath Moderator

Minecraft:
    DerekAslath
    I'll work on these, thank you. I'm going to need to get some thing taken care of on the computer itself, admin passwords lost and such. But when that's done can't wait to join you on tech inc!