Content Warning Opinion on Hawthorne Ca. Police officer

Crushed_Can

The Corn Husker
Insert by Joonxk - Cop shoots a dog 4 times and the dog is on the ground twitching. Do not watch if you do not think you can stomach watching/will complain about it afterwards. This is a clear warning, so if you complain after having read this, your comments will simply be ignored/deleted.

Has anyone read or seen about this yet? Just wanting to know everyones opinion on the subject. So wrong in my eyes, so wrong.

In my opinion, please do not watch the video if you are an animal lover.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/07/police-shoot-dog-video-california-rosby-hawthorne-max.html

AnimeAnnemarie

Head Moderator
I saw that. It's terrible. I understand that it was a reflex though, and that is proof right there that American cops are way too gun-minded. (What?) But it wasn't necessary at all. The dog didn't even attack them yet, and I think they have to teach cops how to handle aggressive animals, rather than just teaching them to pull that trigger.

I saw that. It's terrible. I understand that it was a reflex though, and that is proof right there that American cops are way too gun-minded. (What?) But it wasn't necessary at all. The dog didn't even attack them yet, and I think they have to teach cops how to handle aggressive animals, rather than just teaching them to pull that trigger.
So pretty much TL;DR: 'Merica.

Camk48

Former Moderator
The problem isn't the gun, it's the people behind them. If that man had a baton rather than a gun, he would have surely beat the dog just as easily. Aggressive animals are a pain, but overall they aren't as difficult to handle as many people think.

ihavemines

Former Moderator
Agressive or not, dogs are dogs and they will always have a playful mind on everything. I can understand the cop might have been scared cause its a big dog but trying to get the collar of a dog you are uncertain of the temper and most of all isn't yours is just stupid. Of course the dog is gonna jump/bark at you!!
I cant imagine how the master must feel after that...

srgtmacfly

What are we supposed to comment about joonxk if we can't complain? Are we supposed to be happy that the DPG got shot and celebrate it? Only
thing to comment about is complaints.

Camk48

Former Moderator
This wasn't a person, it was a dog. And dogs don't kill people, their jaws and gingervitis kill people. :)

Sup_brah

☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
As much as I hated seeing the dog get shot and then suffered I can't fully blame the cop that shot him. He tried to grab the leash, of a 100+ lb rottweiler, a couple times. The dog then lunged at his arm. You can't really expect a person to wait for the dog to attack them before protecting himself. It was definitely a mistake for him to shoot his gun when there's a large crowd of people and the owner should've restrained the dog and not show up antagonizing the cops. Then again, I couldn't imagine the feeling of seeing your dog shot in front of you. I just think it was all a shitty situation for everyone that shouldn't have happened.

just saw this post. It wasn't fully the cops fault it was the owners fault also. But in the video the the dog was not going after the cops are it was going for the gun. The cop provoked the dog to bite. The first bullet went into the the mouth. Granted the dog should not have squirmed like that.