1. Well it's about time eh? Indeed! We now have a live 1.12.2 server. Currently operating as an unofficial map but if all goes well it will become our new improved world! Join today without whitelist at darkcraft.mcserver.ws:26455
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want to join our Discord server? Connect using https:/discord.gg/TKkXBBb
    Dismiss Notice

Quick announcement (not exactly good news)

Discussion in 'DarkCraft News' started by Darq, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Niskiller

Niskiller Moderator

Minecraft:
    MangFox
    We are currently working on making sure everything works the way it should, mostly testing and discussing details.

We'll give an heads up when we can give some more intresting information other then: "still testing".

Darq likes this.
  2. HellsWarlord77

HellsWarlord77 Moderator

Minecraft:
    HellsWarlord77
    donating 42.29 USD for one months payment

EDIT:
    Says that you can not receive this payment. @Darq is there any other way to send you one months payment?

EDIT 2: @Penguinchao

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Darq and Niskiller like this.
  3. Niskiller

Niskiller Moderator

Minecraft:
    MangFox
    Go Hells go! :D

HellsWarlord77 likes this.
  4. HellsWarlord77

HellsWarlord77 Moderator

Minecraft:
    HellsWarlord77
    I dont have internet on my Gaming pc since I moved so I can not log in. On my family mac right now.. GETTING 1 GIG FIBER NEXT WEEK. So yea.. Ill be streaming the server more. last time i tried streaming it my twitch crashed. say.. Ill let you know when I get to stream. It will be soon. (Within the next week) Twitch account is JustOutofReach7

My profile is not showing anything right now as i have not had the internet to fix it up.

Niskiller likes this.
  5. Camk48

Camk48 Member

Minecraft:
    Camk48
    Wait, I thought that was the door you made Joon? I thought you made at least a 7*7 right :eek:

6. joonxk

joonxk Member

Minecraft:
    joonxk
    I mainly made bridges and timers. Remember I made my own type of clock that was able to be easily toggled on and off and wouldn't show up on the redstone clock finder. I've made a few doors, but I don't remember what the biggest one was....I just remember I made one that I was happy with and then someone killed it with a 13x13 or something like that....

7. dizzyuluru

dizzyuluru Member

Minecraft:
    dizzyuluru
    I might be a little late here, but it would be possible to revive the server. If you put it on different advertising websites and rewarded people for voting and stuff, it is kind of a longshot but it is a possibility. And to recruiting a new staff team, I would join if I met the requirements and other stuff. Anyways, I know a few people still play the server even though it's whitelisted right now, and the first step to getting people to join is probably un-whitelisting the server :p. Good luck! I'll be stopping in every now and then probably to check up on the server.

8. HellsWarlord77

HellsWarlord77 Moderator

Minecraft:
    HellsWarlord77
    So I have been doing some 'recruitment' so to speak in the circles I game in. Due to full time school, and full time work, I have been unable to check in, apart from the occasional message on skype. Sorry for that.

Back to recruiting. I play Halo 5 a lot.. Hell I have 1,500 hours logged in it. I have a few friends who are interested in joining the server. So there is 5. A couple have kids, so there is another 2 or 3. Ill be back on starting this week, as I just got done with midterms, and am a class short this quarter. (Only 3 classes.)

@Penguinchao @Darq @Demeris @AnimeAnnemarie you will have my help moderating once more. This past quarter has been.. well.. crazy.. 10 credits down, 6 more to go this upcoming quarter.

9. AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie Head Moderator

Minecraft:
    AnimeAnnemarie
    Sounds great Hells :) It's been moderately calm, anyway. It'd be nice to have some company.

HellsWarlord77 likes this.
  10. HellsWarlord77

HellsWarlord77 Moderator

Minecraft:
    HellsWarlord77
    :) I am currently sitting in the library here at school typing this..... something that I am sure I am not supposed to be doing... but whatever..

11. AnimeAnnemarie

Minecraft:
    AnimeAnnemarie
    Pff, who cares, gangster life

12. Cryptographicide

Cryptographicide Member

Minecraft:
    cryptographicide
    I'm all for reviving the server. I have a lot of time logged in and I've tried other servers but haven't found one that I like as much. I haven't been able to play much the last while because being in China creates a lot of lag, but I've returned home now. So, I've been playing more recently.

I am also speaking for a few family members, cisco97roch and robocrypto, who play.

I vote revive!

AnimeAnnemarie likes this.
  13. AnimeAnnemarie

Minecraft:
    AnimeAnnemarie
  14. Str1ngcheese

Str1ngcheese The Cheesy One

Minecraft:
    str1ngcheese
    Why don't we just turn off that whitelist for the moment being? In my opinion no sense in leaving it on currently. I still come on every once and a while and screw around, would be more fun if there were people on though, even randoms :D

Cryptographicide likes this.
  15. joonxk

joonxk Member

Minecraft:
    joonxk
    I come on the forums every now and then and check the whitelist every so often as well. As it is, the whitelist is neglected. I'll check it and there will sometimes be applications that have been ignored for over a week.

16. Hectichopper

Hectichopper Moderator

Minecraft:
    hectichopper
    Reading all these comments has made me want to put in my 2 cents.
    I should add that this wall of text really has no direction.
    Having only ever played on this server, since it was an alpha server it has seen a lot of lows and highs with upwards of 50 players on at a time during it's peak. It is sad to admit but I agree with Joon where this server is currently experiencing it's "lowest low" and has been for the passed few years. I don't blame anyone as it is an absolute mission to keep a minecraft server successful for any period of time let alone how long this one has been around. That being said, I also agree with Joon when saying that the community is far more important to me than the server itself, and I'm not sure if that's just due to the fact that I've grown out of minecraft.
    To make a point, I care deeply about this server but furthermore, the community behind it, even if I haven't been present for some time now. If the management decide to re-invent the server I will continue to make appearances every now and then, and maybe even become active again. If the management decide to focus efforts on a new game, I will not hesitate to try this new game and help in any way I can.
    Either way, it's been really fun playing with you all over the passed... however many years. :)

17. ipod_beemo

ipod_beemo Member

Minecraft:
    ipod_beemo
    i havent read every reply to this, but i would like to say that i would play way more often if there was at least one more player on other than me. I love darkcraft, its what got me into minecraft, when i think of minecraft every good memory is on this server and i would hate to see it gone, i love this community, i miss the fun times when there was never a silent time in the chat, there were several moderators on at a time and either pengu or darq were on at least once a week, but if thats never gonna happen again i dont think darq should waste money, im really sad that the server is so dead right now.

18. AnimeAnnemarie

Minecraft:
    AnimeAnnemarie
    I am on every day, but our time zones may differ too much for us to meet x_x

19. HellsWarlord77

HellsWarlord77 Moderator

Minecraft:
    HellsWarlord77
    Ive been getting on quite a bit recently :) checking out what has been going on during my absence. If we are to open up white list we will need mods on frequently @Str1ngcheese . We did go through that amazing phase where we had groups of griefers on at a time. Just have to make sure it does not happen again.

20. AnimeAnnemarie

Minecraft:
    AnimeAnnemarie