Server Suggestions

Penguinchao

Executive Administrator
This thread is a spot for every member with an idea to help DarkCraft become a better experience and attract more players. :) All ideas are welcome, and you are allowed to add on to an idea that someone else likes, but please do not debate them here. We can debate them in individual threads.

We want to know what you think would make DarkCraft the ideal server, so this is the perfect chance to let your ideas flow! :D

staaksie

*- PvP Arena's.
*-Building Contests.
*-Project Builds.
*-Minigames.
*-A working dynamap again :eek:.
*-Skylands.
*-Creative World for those who like to go mental.
*-Parkour maps / Adventure maps.
*-An plug-in to make Town's more attractive.
*-Some events.
*-Forum style changer again? ^_^ (Or did I just loose where it was?)

Just some idea's I came up with in a few seconds :).

ihavemines

Former Moderator
*- PvP Arena's.
*-Building Contests.
*-Project Builds.
*-Minigames.
*-A working dynamap again :eek:.
*-Skylands.
*-Creative World for those who like to go mental.
*-Parkour maps / Adventure maps.
*-An plug-in to make Town's more attractive.
*-Some events.
*-Forum style changer again? ^_^ (Or did I just loose where it was?)

Just some idea's I came up with in a few seconds :).
Basically to add all the previous worlds which had been spoken of but forgotten or left aside. Maybe see if we should/shouldn't make it so players have to purchase the right to access those worlds or some worlds. Creative world, for example, has proven to be hard to take care of with everyone having the right to use it. Creature eggs are some of the problems. On the other hand it would be a great thing to have like for showing off your warp design instead of having nothing else but screenshots to show.

Im not sure if that counts as debating if so im sorry.

NJM1564

Basically to add all the previous worlds which had been spoken of but forgotten or left aside. Maybe see if we should/shouldn't make it so players have to purchase the right to access those worlds or some worlds. Creative world, for example, has proven to be hard to take care of with everyone having the right to use it. Creature eggs are some of the problems. On the other hand it would be a great thing to have like for showing off your warp design instead of having nothing else but screenshots to show.

Im not sure if that counts as debating if so im sorry.
Not hard. There was just some issues with stupid proofing. A log of block use/over for specific items similar to a spam detector would fix that.

Suggestion:
Add a Feed the beast world.
Pros:
It's popular. complex. And interesting.
It's getting good advertisement by major youtubers.
It has functions for many old suggestions ranging from chunk loading to mob spawner moving.
Cons:
It's forge so it's compatibility with bukket is kinda so so. (They are working on that though.)
It's really complex so managing a server with it will take a considerable amount of effort.

Notes:
"Its already been mentioned in the thread, but BukkitForge as it is now works very well. It ports bukkit plugins to work with forge. At the moment with BukkitForge v1.4.7-91 on MindCrack v7, im able to run ClearLag, Lockette, WorldBorder, CoreProtect, Essentials, and GroupManager without any problems."
Exert from. http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-no-server-plugins-issue-discussion-thread.1376/page-3

https://github.com/ForgeEssentials/ForgeEssentialsMain/wiki

Currently there are several different packs in the FTB pack with different specialties. They are working on a ultimate pack that will have all the mods in it. They are currently waiting on a couple of packs to update. But world gen when upgrading from the Mindcrack pack to the ultimate pack should be largely unchanged.

Penguinchao

Executive Administrator
ihavemines
Naw, that's fine :) There's nothing wrong with explaining why you think that would be a good idea. I was mainly referring to the back and forth "your idea is dumb," "no, YOUR idea is dumb!" conversations.

Not hard. There was just some issues with stupid proofing. A log of block use/over for specific items similar to a spam detector would fix that.

Suggestion:
Add a Feed the beast world.
Pros:
It's popular. complex. And interesting.
It's getting good advertisement by major youtubers.
It has functions for many old suggestions ranging from chunk loading to mob spawner moving.
Cons:
It's forge so it's compatibility with bukket is kinda so so. (They are working on that though.)
It's really complex so managing a server with it will take a considerable amount of effort.

Notes:
"Its already been mentioned in the thread, but BukkitForge as it is now works very well. It ports bukkit plugins to work with forge. At the moment with BukkitForge v1.4.7-91 on MindCrack v7, im able to run ClearLag, Lockette, WorldBorder, CoreProtect, Essentials, and GroupManager without any problems."
Exert from. http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-no-server-plugins-issue-discussion-thread.1376/page-3

https://github.com/ForgeEssentials/ForgeEssentialsMain/wiki

Currently there are several different packs in the FTB pack with different specialties. They are working on a ultimate pack that will have all the mods in it. They are currently waiting on a couple of packs to update. But world gen when upgrading from the Mindcrack pack to the ultimate pack should be largely unchanged.
That has Equivilant Exchange... that would like ruin what we have as a economy.... all the other mods in it look good though =D trainz!

NJM1564

That has Equivilant Exchange... that would like ruin what we have as a economy.... all the other mods in it look good though =D trainz!
Nope wrong. EE2 is available on the beta version but not the new ones. However EE3 will be available for the Ultimate. This version is being completely rewritten to fix the horrible balance.

Trains and steve's carts. So much fun. With those we might actually be able to get the subways done in under a year.
2012-12-30_06.03.27.png

staaksie

How in first place can you call guns in a game like minecraft a small add? I think that is an big add to be honest.. Then again I think we need to push forward the more vanilla minecraft with side plugins.

NJM1564

How in first place can you call guns in a game like minecraft a small add? I think that is an big add to be honest.. Then again I think we need to push forward the more vanilla minecraft with side plugins.
Adding a handfull of items to the game is a small add. Guns are more or less modified bows.
Just like a (Minecraft) nuke in a modified TNT.

joonxk

Former Moderator
A mining paradise world. Entire 256 high area is underground. Diamonds being >64 (Since it's a quarter of the normal worlds height) and so on for the rest of the ores in accordance to there overworld counterparts.
would be really nice...