The New Website

Darq

Administrator
Welcome to the new DarkCraft website!

If you missed the news on the temporary landing page, here's what happened:
On November 18th, the VPS that hosted this website went down for maintenance. Once the process was complete, the VPS would never go back online again. Unfortunately there were no appropriate off-site backups, all of the website data was lost. However, we're using this as an opportunity to learn from our mistakes, and come back stronger than before!
While it's a bit bare at the moment, over the coming days the website will be fully revitalized! Full of information for playing on DarkCraft, and given new features for making usage of the site more enjoyable.
  • DarkCraft's wiki will be based off MediaWiki (the same software that runs wikipedia.org)
  • The Forum list has been re-organized. Some forums that were being neglected have been snipped, and categories have been made less redundant.
  • The website has a new style that gives us lots of room to improve on, and make unique.
Let me know what you guys think of the new site look!

Natty

I feel that the grey is a bit too dark. The Font is a bit too sharp (hard on my eyes, maybe switch to Callibri?) and the title texts are too small and the white in the middle is a tad too dark. Just a TAD. And maybe change the menu boxes up top to stick out more and make them rounder. I know this is all a bit much for the beginning and you may be already planning to do some of this, but just want to make sure you know some of it (if that makes sense).

care to expand on that? "really lacks design" doesn't help me to improve it.
What i mean is that, it is very basic, no real details or theme, just colors that are in the shapes of squares and rectangles. It could help to add a pattered backdrop and add more detail to the main page and the pages of the sub forums.

But i do like the new color scheme, its very clean and fresh. :)

vbane

I like the change of things, I think a new forum goes hand in hand with a new map for this one. A nice fresh start.

Darq

Administrator
I luff it as well, can I haz green? :D
You can haz.

I feel that the grey is a bit too dark. The Font is a bit too sharp (hard on my eyes, maybe switch to Callibri?) and the title texts are too small and the white in the middle is a tad too dark. Just a TAD. And maybe change the menu boxes up top to stick out more and make them rounder. I know this is all a bit much for the beginning and you may be already planning to do some of this, but just want to make sure you know some of it (if that makes sense).
Noted, thanks!