What is your favorite video game (series) of all time?

NAYF1N

While I do enjoy playing the Gear of War trilogy, racing in Forza or Need for Speed, and of course most of the Halo branded games, I was never really into video games as a child on the N64, SNES, or gameboy. Because of this, I never really delved into Zelda, Pokemon, or any of the other popular titles. That includes Chrono Trigger on the PC.

With that said, there is a trilogy out there that I place above everything else. The Jak & Daxter games by Naughty Dog for the Playstation 2. It started out when I borrowed Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy from a friend. That was the first game I got 100% completion on. I won't tell you what's revealed when the door is opened after collecting all 100 precursor orbs. That's up to you to find out ;)
It's an amazing game with a unique story, and I still can not quite get over how much I love it. Then Jak II came along. There were a few difficult situations along the way, but also some really awesome puzzles to solve. I don't know about those of you who have played it, but I loved driving through the garden squashing all the large vegetables with cars.
Jak 3 is definitely the best of the series, in my opinion. It concludes the story in a plot-twisting kind of way that I certainly did not expect. It has some of the best gameplay I have ever encountered, and will leave you wanting to replay it again. And again. I have played through Jak 3 five times, two times with cheats.

All three games have a great sense of humor, and all have difficult levels that require almost perfect precision. Naughty Dog did an amazing job with these games, and I look forward to hopefully playing their next game, The Last of Us.
I strongly recommend these games for those of you have have a PS2 or PS3. You can still buy all three games individually for the PS2 on Amazon. Alternatively, you can buy the Jak & Daxter Collection for $17 on Amazon, all three games remastered for the PS3. I'm not sure what it's like for our friends across the pond with Amazon, but I hope you are able to obtain these games in the UK and other European countries.

What game (series) do you folks consider as your favorite of all time?

Dragend

Played quake since 2001
Quake World, Quake 1, Quake II, Quake III Arena, Qauke 4, and Quake Live.
Hands down the best games ever and the derive from doom so it is considered the first and the most influential fps. Screw those new slow ass games :p

HDModzz

Former Moderator
I'm loving the Assassins Creed series, can't wait for #4 coming out later this year; another big series that I adore is Grand Theft Auto. I've been waiting for GTA V ever since I've seen the trailer. I've been saving money to build a gaming rig specifically for GTA V and upcoming games.
Another game that hasn't came out yet, that I'd love to get, I can't wait for it is named Watch Dogs. It's a game that (basically) combines GTA open world gameplay with assassins creed killing. It's developed by Ubisoft, the creator of Assassins creed. You basically have control of all of the electronics in the world, and gives the ability to hack them. If you look up 'Watch Dogs gameplay' there are two different gameplay trailers. One shows one of the only apparent missions, as the game won't have a set storyline. There are a bunch of built in missions, such as protecting potential victims from muggings and other robberies, or becoming a villain of the town. It's based in 2013 Chicago, so I can't wait to see this game in my rig. For that matter, I can't wait for me to actually get enough money to build the rig.

boldr

Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 are the best ever. I played the first one with that BlockBuster month rent thing for movies and games and me and my brother played it so much, that we ended up buying it. Then we notice there will be a second one coming out and we drooled over the advertisement for it saying what was going to be on the next one. The first one I play all the levels but mainly Bespin Platforms and on the second one, I play every single level and to play as the Jedis is awesome. I even hooked up my PS2 to the internet and I played with a bunch of people on a lot of levels. There is/was supposed to be a third game of the series to come out, but a bunch of random talks about the game saying it's soon, or a while, but apparently a pre-SWB3 has came out but you have to be high up in the gaming world.

kikikza

Former Moderator
The Legend of Zelda series. It's been around so long that all the games have different sorts of feelings to them, they all have an amazing and immersing plot, and they're a whole lot of fun.

They also got the ill music.

vbane

I'd say mine would have to be between the Elder Scrolls series by Bethesda or the Bioshock series. Elder Scrolls for the amazing open world environment, you have no limits, the story is yours to create. Hands down my favorite fantasy type series just because it's so damn fun, and you can replay it and have it completely different than when you first did, it all depends on what you decide to do. Haven't played every single game in the series, but I've played through Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim (Not gonna post a video of these because I'm sure almost all of you have seen enough of Skryim trailers and the lot :p). Bioshock I just had a blast playing. I played through the first one when it first came out on the Xbox 360 and got around to replaying it on the PC. Never really did much on Bioshock 2, but the new Bioshock Infinite has me hooked, I'm loving that game. Both the environment and compelling story line make it a blast to play. I'd recommend both these series to anyone, they're definitely worth checking out. I know I had great fun playing them (I still am).

(Most/all of this gameplay isn't in the real game so don't worry about spoilers :))

Vortega

Former Moderator
Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 are the best ever. I played the first one with that BlockBuster month rent thing for movies and games and me and my brother played it so much, that we ended up buying it. Then we notice there will be a second one coming out and we drooled over the advertisement for it saying what was going to be on the next one. The first one I play all the levels but mainly Bespin Platforms and on the second one, I play every single level and to play as the Jedis is awesome. I even hooked up my PS2 to the internet and I played with a bunch of people on a lot of levels. There is/was supposed to be a third game of the series to come out, but a bunch of random talks about the game saying it's soon, or a while, but apparently a pre-SWB3 has came out but you have to be high up in the gaming world.

You have some fine taste in video games kind sir.

boldr

I don't know a whole lot about the Star Wars games, but I'm assuming Disney shutting down LucasArts affects those negatively. Which probably pissed a lot of people off.
Wasn't really made by LucasArts, they were just to be the "Name Brand" behind it.

"The Legend of Zelda" series; Ocarina of Time is still one of my favorite games. Also, the "Tales of" series (jrpg's, since I'm sure 99% of you haven't heard of it), been really into those lately.

NAYF1N

Another big series that I adore is Grand Theft Auto. I've been waiting for GTA V ever since I've seen the trailer.
Another game that hasn't came out yet, that I'd love to get, I can't wait for it is named Watch Dogs. It's a game that (basically) combines GTA open world gameplay with assassins creed killing. It's developed by Ubisoft, the creator of Assassins creed. You basically have control of all of the electronics in the world, and gives the ability to hack them. If you look up 'Watch Dogs gameplay' there are two different gameplay trailers. One shows one of the only apparent missions, as the game won't have a set storyline. There are a bunch of built in missions, such as protecting potential victims from muggings and other robberies, or becoming a villain of the town. It's based in 2013 Chicago, so I can't wait to see this game in my rig. For that matter, I can't wait for me to actually get enough money to build the rig.
Yeah, can't wait for GTA V!! And I've seen the gameplay footage for Watch Dogs, and it look awesome! Forgot about it, but I'm gonna put it in my Amazon cart so I don't forget.